Organizers & Sponsors
The “Grodzka Gate - NN Theatre” Centre
The “Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre” Centre is a local government-supported cultural institution established in Lublin over twenty years ago. The Grodzka Gate, also known as the Jewish Gate, used to be a passage from the Christian to the Jewish part of the city; a meeting place of various cultures, traditions and religions. The Centre draws on the symbolic and historical significance of its location, and focuses on both the tangible and intangible Jewish cultural heritage. Using the most innovative artistic, educational, and technological means such as exhibitions, performances, multimedia libraries, Internet platforms, etc., the Centre wishes to expose the local community, but also a broader audience, to Jewish heritage and culture in order to develop the potential of this region.
The WSPA University College
The University College of Enterprise and Administration in Lublin offers high quality education programmes as well as modern and innovative teaching methods. The mission of the University College is to teach students to be creative, develop their careers and help them to find their own place in the world of globalisation. WSPA works on the student’s high levels of intercultural competence by creating an international environment at the University and supporting their international mobility.
More about the WSPA University College can be found here.
The Panorama of Cultures Association
The Association aims at popularizing the knowledge about European cultures, especially cultures of central and Eastern Europe as well as the Balkans with main focus and interest on minorities and cultures of the borderlands.
More about the Panorama Cultures Association can be found here.
BRAMA. Education and Animation Lab
We are a team of six people passionate about Jewish past of Lublin and the region. We conduct educational activities related to the Jewish historical and cultural heritage of the city and the region of Lublin, such as workshops, exhibitions and Mysteries of Memory. They address issues connected to the Jewish life in Lublin from their arrival to Lublin until the outbreak of the war, extermination of Jews and post-war situation of reconstruction of Jewish life in Lublin. We also run a program of Polish-Jewish youth meetings in the voivodeship of Lublin in cooperation with the Centre for Education Development as the regional coordinator. To know more about our work, please visit our website.
contact: [email protected]
- Teaching the Holocaust at Memorial Sites. European Graduates’ Seminar, August 2013, Lublin, organized by the “Grodzka Gate - NN Theatre” and Yad Vashem Institute
- Université d'été organized by Memorial de la Shoah in Paris, France in cooperation with the “Grodzka Gate - NN Theatre”
- Exhibition Lublin. Memory of the Place
- Exhibition Memory of Righteous - Memory of Light
- Exhibition The Primer at Majdanek camp
- Mystery of Memory One Land - Two Temples
- Mystery of Memory Day of Five Prayers
- Mystery of Memory Memory of Righteous - Memory of Light
- Mystery of Memory Poem of the Place
- Mystery of Memory Salvaged Stories
- Workshops for Polish-Israeli groups
- Workshops related to Jewish heritage
- Workshops related to the Holocaust
- Festival “Following I. B. Singer’s Traces"
- "Shtetl Routes" project
THE TAUBE FOUNDATION FOR JEWISH LIFE AND CULTURE
Thanks to the Taube Foundation for Jewish Life and Culture two participants of the first edition of "Memory - Place - Presence" summer program 2015 have received full scholarships of $1500 each. On behalf of our students who have received support, we would like to extend a special thank you to our generous donors!