The aim of the project is to make the Umschlagplatz Memorial Site accessible to visitors. The site covers the area from which 28,000 men, women and children – Jewish inhabitants of Lublin, were deported to the death camp in Bełżec during WWII.
The following activities are scheduled for the realisation of the project:
- creation of a permanent commemoration in the area of the Umschlagplatz Memorial Site – Mis/Remembrance of the Place, realised in the form of an art installation
- creation of a Memory Trail commemorating the victims of the Holocaust, as well as issuing a corresponding guidebook with the descriptions of the sites located along it
- designing an educational programme for school students relating to the history of the sites located along the Memory Trail
- creation of a website on the Extermination of Lublin Jews during WWII
- organisation of a project-closing meeting and press conference – December 14, 2016
- presentation of an open theatre performance – Stories from the Night – December 14, 2016