Construction of the Jewish hospital was financed by local Jewish Community. Building was designed by Marian Jarzyński. Hospital began to function in 1886. Initially, 56 patients were treated here. In 1930s, three dwelling houses, a stable, a mortuary and a basement also belonged to the hospital.
Articles with keyword "Jewish district"
The Maharshal synagogue, also called The Great Synagogue, was pride and glory of the Jews of Lublin. Its construction had begun in 1567. Located at the foot of the castle hill, it was the biggest Jewish building in Lublin. Nowadays, Tysiąclecia Avenue runs along the site.
The only preserved pre-war synagogue in Lublin is the Chewra Nosim synagogue. It is located in the 19th century apartment house no. 10 on Lubartowska Street. In 1987 Symcha Wajs’ initiative led to Izba Pamięci Żydów Lubelskich (Hall of Remembrance of the Lublin Jews) being established here. Nowadays, it is home to the Lublin branch of Towarzystwo Społeczno-Kulturalne Żydów w Polsce (TSKŻ - Social and Cultural Fellowship of Jews in Poland).