15th anniversary of the project "Letters to Henio"
Ladies and gentlemen! Dear Friends!
Due to the current coronavirus epidemic, following the ordinance of the President of Lublin Krzysztof Żuk, the "Grodzka Gate - NN Theater" Center has suspended the organization of all cultural events.
We regret to inform you that for this reason, all the activities that traditionally accompany the implementation of the "Letters to Henio" project: educational workshops for Lublin schools, writing letters by students, the open event at Krakowskie Przedmieście 64 Street, the walk in the footsteps of Henio Żytomirski, as well as the special activities planned for this year's 15th anniversary of the project have been canceled.
From April 19, 2019 to April 19, 2020, young people from the following schools took part in the workshops run at the Centre:
- Szkoła Podstawowa 50 im. Wyszyńskiego, Lublin
- XXX Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. księdza Jana Twardowskiego, Lublin
- II Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Krzysztofa Kamila Baczyńskiego, Świdnik
- Gimnasium, Recklinghausen, Germany
- Gimnasium, Getynga, Germany
- Gimnasium, Kolonia, Germany
- Gesamtschule Waltrop, Germany
- Goethe Oberschule, Wilthen, Germany
- Gimnasium Boltrop, Germany
- Gimnasium, Dennmark
- group of teachers from the Ukrainian Center for Holocaust Studies, Ukraine
The story of Henio Żytomirski was learned by children in school classes:
- Istituto Comprensivo Bosco-Venisti, Scuola Secondaria Venisti di Capurso, Bari, Italy
- Begin school, Netania, Israel
Over the past year, 220 letters have been written.
We must not forget
lest we lose ourselves.